Ishpeming Structure Fire: No Casualties Reported

79

TL/DR –

A house fire occurred on December 23 in Ishpeming, Michigan, caused by the improper use of a candle. The fire was contained and extinguished by the Ishpeming Fire Department, resulting in moderate smoke and water damage to the residence, but no injuries were reported. The residents will receive assistance from Pigs-N-Heat and the Red Cross, and several local agencies aided the Fire Department in handling the incident.


Ishpeming Structure Fire Causes No Injuries

The Ishpeming Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Dec. 23, with no injuries reported. The fire, on N. Third Street, was discovered in an upstairs bedroom of a two-story home.

Firefighters found light smoke issuing from a window and a mattress on fire. The blaze was quickly contained and extinguished by the quick-thinking response team.

Despite controlling the fire efficiently, the dwelling suffered moderate damage due to smoke and water. Preliminary investigations from the Ishpeming Fire Department suggest a candle improperly used triggered the unfortunate event.

All residents evacuated safely, and no firefighter injuries were reported. Support for the affected residents comes from The Red Cross and local charity, Pigs-N-Heat.

Assistance at the scene was provided by the Ishpeming Police Department, Negaunee City Fire Department, Marquette County Rescue 131, Marquette County Central Dispatch, SEMCO, and UPPCO, displaying admirable teamwork in managing the incident.


Read More US News